Newport-Mesa Spirit Run, Inc. (NMSRI) is a California nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation, tax id number 27-4410366 www.nmspiritrun.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, P.O. Box 7241, Newport Beach, CA 92658. Spirit Run celebrates adult and youth fitness, and its net proceeds benefit youth education and fitness.
From 1983-2010, Spirit Run was presented by five Newport Beach elementary schools. In 2010, Newport-Mesa Spirit Run, Inc. (NMSRI) was founded to continue Spirit Run and to share its net proceeds with schools throughout the Newport-Mesa Unified School District (NMUSD).
In 2017, NMSRI introduced "Dash for Cash" for schools outside NMUSD. "Dash for Cash" schools earn a minimum of 25%, and as much as 45%, of registration fees paid by its supporters.
NMSRI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public benefit corporation operated by volunteers from the Newport-Mesa community dedicated to promoting childhood fitness and education.
NMSRI's mission is (1) to present a community event promoting childhood fitness; (2) to provide free training, event entries, and bus transportation to local students who are unable to pay; and (3) to provide an opportunity to receive a share of net proceeds to local public schools, teams, and clubs demonstrating commitment to our mission.
What We've Achieved
- More than $2,000,000 in cash donated to local schools.
- More than $300,000 in cash donated to local schools in last seven years alone.
- Since 2011, NMSRI has conducted free training at elementary schools to prepare students for Spirit Run.
- Since 2011, NMSRI has donated bus transportation to Spirit Run to students and families residing in Costa Mesa.
- Since 2011, NMSRI has donated more than 2,100 free event entries to underprivileged students.
With 7 youth races and the Toddler Trot, NMSRI offers the broadest range of youth races of any road racing event.
Rather than offering a single "kids fun run," NMSRI groups children by age into 6 separate races so the little ones aren't required to race the older children.
NMSRI presents the unique "Youth 5k" where children race one another without adult interference and a child breaks the finish line ribbon.